Tuesday, October 26, 2010

SNOTTY On The RADIO

Ah, Dick Mortin. What a peach. I remember when I was a rookie dispatcher, they sent up a card to the radio and I sent him to a traffic light malfunction at "Main & Shade". (that's what was on the card).

He comes back real snotty and says "There is no light at Main & Shade".

OK, I didn't know any better. So I didn't say anything.

A couple minutes later he comes on and says " I'll be out on the traffic light malfunction at Main & Shade".



So, real snotty I replied back to him (with Dena egging me on)----



"There is no light at Main & Shade".


I'll bet there were a hundred 'clicks' on the radio.
Anyone who was around in those days knows what 'clicking' means.


Mortin got bested by the the new girl.....he, he, he...


He came up the stairs to the radio room stomping in his big black chippewa boots, 'Who the hell is on the radio"!!!!


He comes around the corner, takes one look at me, busts into giant grin and says " Well, helloooooo there, you married?". I said 'yeah'. He turned around and stomped bak down the stairs and all I could hear was

'ssshhheitt'..............

No comments: